As of: April 2018
The personal data we collect includes
- Your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number and address;
credit card information (type of credit card, credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date and security code);
- information about the guest’s stay, including arrival and departure dates, special requests, service preferences (including room requests, amenities or other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or when you participate in surveys, contests, and promotional offers;
You can always choose which and whether you want to share personal information with us. If you choose not to share certain information with us, certain transactions with us may be affected.
Data that we collect automatically
Purposes of processing
We use your data for the following purposes:
- A. Bookings: We use your personal data to complete and manage your online bookings.
- B. Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide you with customer service.
- C. Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a review after your stay. This will help other travelers to choose the accommodation that best suits them. If you send us a guest review, this review could be published on our website.
- D. Marketing activities: We will also use your information for marketing activities, to the extent permitted by law. We use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, such as sending you commercial newsletters and marketing communications about new products and services or other offers we think you may find interesting. We include a link in these newsletters that allows you to unsubscribe from receiving these communications.
- E. Other Communications: On certain occasions, we may contact you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone or text message, depending on the contact information you share with us. There may be a number of reasons for this:
- a. When we respond to or process a request you have sent us.
- b. If you have not completed your booking online, we may send you a reminder. We believe this additional service is useful for you as it allows you to complete a booking without having to search for accommodation again or re-enter your booking details.
- c. If you use our service, we may send you a survey or invite you to leave a review of your experience with our website. We believe that this additional service is useful to you and that we can improve our website based on your feedback.
- F. Analysis, Improvements and Research: We use personal information for research and analysis purposes. We may involve third parties to perform these activities for us. We may share or disclose the results of this research in anonymous and aggregate form, including to third parties. We use personal information for analysis purposes to improve our services and to enhance the functionality and quality of our travel service.
- G. Security, fraud detection and prevention: We use information, which may include personal information, to prevent fraud and other illegal or otherwise unlawful activities. We use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal information for risk assessment and security purposes, including user authentication. For these purposes, personal information may be shared with third parties, such as, to the extent permitted by law, with law enforcement agencies and with outside consultants.
- H. Legal regulations and compliance: In certain cases, we may need to use the information you provide, which may include personal information, to process and resolve legal complaints or litigation, for regulatory investigations and compliance purposes, to enforce contractual claims, and to comply with law enforcement requests where required by law.
- If we use automated means for the processing of personal data that have a legal or generally serious impact on you, we will apply appropriate security measures to protect your rights and freedoms, including the right of intervention of a human authority.
- With regard to points A and B, we presuppose the effect of a contract: the use of your personal data may be necessary to fulfil the contract you have concluded with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we use your data to fulfill our obligation to complete and manage your booking in accordance with the contract between us.
- With regard to the purposes from points C-H, we presuppose legitimate interests: We use your data to pursue our legitimate interests, for example, to display the most appropriate content on our website, our e-mails and newsletters, to advertise our products, services and offers on our website, as well as for administrative, fraud prevention and legal purposes. When we use personal information for our legitimate interests, we always balance your interests and your rights to privacy with our rights and interests.
- With respect to the purpose of H, we assume, where applicable, our obligation to comply with applicable laws.
- To the extent required by applicable laws, we will seek consent before using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the processing described under points C – F and there is no method to log out directly (for example in the account settings), please contact email@example.com.
International data transfer
BookingSuite uses reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of information, including personal data. We use reasonable operational systems and procedures to secure and protect this information. In addition, we use security procedures and technical and physical access restrictions and keep the personal information on our servers. Only authorized employees have access to personal data in the course of their work.
Your options and rights
We want you to have control over how your personal information is used by us. You can exercise this control in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can notify us of any changes to your personal information or you can ask us to correct any personal information we hold about you;
- In certain cases, you may ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you or block its processing or object to certain ways in which we use your personal data;
- In certain cases, you may ask us to send your personal data to a third party.
Where we use your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can revoke this consent at any time in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, you may at any time object to the processing of your personal data in all places where such processing is carried out on the basis of a legitimate interest or on the basis of the public interest in accordance with applicable laws.
We rely on your personal data being complete, accurate and correct. Please inform us immediately of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will process your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or wish to invoke any of the rights contained in this notice, please contact us at email@example.com . You can also contact your local data protection officer with questions or complaints.
Changes to the Notice